Origin of 'awk'

Steve DeJarnett steve at polyslo.UUCP
Sat Mar 12 18:06:08 AEST 1988

In article <46800003 at uxf.cso.uiuc.edu> hafner at uxf.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>2) That it was named after the Author's dog, Biff.

	I heard that it was the dog that hung around the lab where they were
working on it.  This discussion occured sometime last year, and I believe
this was accepted by at least a majority as how it happened.  Anyone else
remember differently???

| Steve DeJarnett		|    ...!ihnp4!csun!polyslo!steve	      |
| Computer Systems Lab		|    ...!{csustan,csun,sdsu}!polyslo!steve    |
| Cal Poly State Univ.		|    ...!ucbvax!voder!polyslo!steve	      |
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407	|    					      |