IPC facilities (shared memory)

Brandon Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Thu Mar 24 08:37:20 AEST 1988

As quoted from <9947 at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> by davidsen at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr):
+---------------
+---------------

>From the manual page for fork(2), System V Release 2:

"...the child process inherits the following attributes from the parent
process:

	all attached shared memory segments
	..."

I'll check the Xenix manuals at work tomorrow and see what they say, but
remember that Xenix 5 is schizoid about shared memory... no telling from
my end whether System V shared memory is implemented in terms of Xenix shared
data or vice versa or if they're separate facilities (but they *do* share a
global pte table, according to the Xenix V/386 manual at work!).
--
	      Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc
       {well!hoptoad,uunet!hnsurg3,cbosgd,sun!mandrill}!ncoast!allbery