KSH portability

Wolfgang Rupprecht wolfgang at mgm.mit.edu
Fri May 6 14:19:11 AEST 1988

In article <52159 at sun.uucp> guy at gorodish.Sun.COM (Guy Harris) writes:
>	3) The previous version assumed that the "_iob" structures for standard
>	   I/O were in one long contiguous block.  The 4.3BSD standard I/O
>	   library puts the first 30 or so into such a block, and "malloc"s
>	   additional ones.

Ksh and Kcl (Kyoto Common Lisp) both have/had problems with assuming
that all _iob's are always contigious.  What *is* the "approved"
method of finding all _iob's?  I have used the internal 4.3BSD libc
function findiop:_fwalk(function) to walk over and close all but the
first 3 _iob's.  Is there *legit* way to do this?
---
Wolfgang Rupprecht	ARPA:  wolfgang at mgm.mit.edu (IP 18.82.0.114)
326 Commonwealth Ave.	UUCP:  mit-eddie!mgm.mit.edu!wolfgang
Boston, Ma. 02115	TEL:   (617) 267-4365