68000 Assembler/Interpreter Desperately Needed

papowell at attila.cs.umn.edu papowell at attila.cs.umn.edu
Sun May 15 01:46:05 AEST 1988

I am desperately seeking a 68000 (or 68010, 68020, I don't care)
assembler and interpreter that is coded in C, or Pascal, or Fortran, etc.
It is to be used for an introductory course in assembly language programming.
It should run in a UNIX environment,  and should be 'nice' to use.
Given our current situation,  I really wouldn't care if it was
PAINFUL to use,  anything is better than what we are faced with.

Speed is of little concern here,  we need functionality.
It would be nice if the interpreter was interactive.
And integrated with the assembler, which should produce hard copy.

DONT ask why we don't use a SUN and DBX/ADB/C.
DONT ask why we don't use a MAC.

The answer is (of course) $$$.

Patrick ("What do you mean,  you want a CRAY simulator now?") Powell
Prof. Patrick Powell, Dept. Computer Science, 136 Lind Hall, 207 Church St. SE,
University of Minnesota,  Minneapolis, MN 55455 (612)625-3543/625-4002