Open Software Foundation

Rich Salz rsalz at bbn.com
Thu May 19 11:00:14 AEST 1988

The Open Software Foundation has $90Million in funding, and are going
to be hiring "hundreds" of people.

I don't care about WHY they're doing it.

Reading between the lines, I gather they're going to rewrite EVERYTHING so
that it contains no ATT licensed code.  If they pull it off, many people
will be very happy.  I only wish they had given the money to GNU (I know
some people talked to some other people) or UCB.

Regardless of what happens, it's going to be an exciting time in the ole'
Unix world.
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz at uunet.uu.net.