Trouble killing processes in SysV/AT

Guy Harris guy at gorodish.Sun.COM
Wed May 4 03:30:55 AEST 1988

> > Sun [and AT&T created PCATCH to allow interrupting sleeps below PZERO]

Like hell I wrote that!  AT&T created PCATCH to allow a module that sleeps
*ABOVE* PZERO to be notified when it gets interrupted out of the "sleep", so
that it can clean things up.  It was not created "to allow interrupting sleeps
below PZERO"; in fact, it *DOESN'T* "allow interrupting sleeps below PZERO".