Finding where an executable was run from -- a proposal.

Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC} arnold at emory.uucp
Tue May 17 02:50:30 AEST 1988

The convention used by ksh-i is to put the full pathname used to exec a file
in the environment variable "_". This makes a lot of sense to me, and seems
as good an example of prior art as anything else out there. It is also cleaner
than most of the suggestions we've seen so far in this discussion, not
requiring any change to the kernel or the C calling conventions.
--
Arnold Robbins
ARPA, CSNET:	arnold at emory.ARPA	BITNET: arnold at emory