RM disks on VAX 8200?

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Sat May 14 10:21:03 AEST 1988

In article <325 at rhesus.primate.wisc.edu> bin at rhesus.primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
>A dead PDP-11/60, with a SI 9400 controller ...
>A live VAX 8200 with a Unibus.

I am not familiar with the SI controllers (nor with the 11/60 [yes,
this wizard has never used an '11]), but if the 9400 is a Unibus
device, you should be able to plug it into a BUA.  It may not work
there, however.  A number of `Unibus' devices fail when put in a BUA.
I know for a fact that Interlan NI1010s do not work (they pretend to
work, but put garbage into memory).

Of course, even if it does work, you will have to write a driver....