Need to un-munge a directory entry by opening it for write.

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Sat May 28 12:38:10 AEST 1988

   From: Gordon Vickers <gordon at prls.uucp>

      Any ideas on how I can delete this entry in /a/.rm/gordon ?

      I have run fsck, but it did not complain.
      I would certainly prefer a method that would result in no data loss, but
    am willing to comprimise in a second if no better solution is found.

      I am running Ultrix 2.0-1 on a VAX 11/750.

First, manually copy the files in that directory somewher else. Then,
find the inode, and point `clri' at it. Finally, run fsck.

The unlink program mentioned elsewhere does not appear on every system.
A quick hack is "main(c,v) char **v; { while (--c) unlink(*++v); }".

    Gordon P. Vickers, (408) 991-5370, Signetics Corp. PO Box 3409  M/S 69
    Sunnyvale, California,  USA  94086
    {pyramid, philabs}!prls!gordon

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	My name is in /usr/dict/words. Is yours?