Open Software Foundation (Actually, FSF)

Nate Hess nate at mipos3.intel.com
Fri May 20 01:53:58 AEST 1988

In article <5469 at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> randy at umn-cs.UUCP (Randy Orrison) writes:
>What a waste.  Could you imagine what those resources could do applied to
>the goals of the Free Software Foundation?

In the February edition of GNU's Bulletin, page 4, there is an
announcement that is rather interesting, especially when compared to the
$90M that the OSF is starting with:

Our First Large Donation
------------------------

Software Research Associates, a Japanese software house, has donated
$10,000 to the GNU project.  In addition they plan to send us a Sun-like
SONY workstation and lend us a staff programmer for 6 months.

This represents the influence of Kouichi Kishida, who organized the
Japanese Sigma project (to stimulate Unix competence in Japan), only to
conclude later that the project had gone astray and that a "grass roots
movement" was needed instead.  We hope to be this movement.

[Copyright (C) 1988 by Free Software Foundation, Inc.]

--woodstock
--
	   "How did you get your mind to tilt like your hat?"

...!{decwrl|hplabs!oliveb|pur-ee|qantel|amd}!intelca!mipos3!nate
<domainish> :   nate at mipos3.intel.com		ATT :    (408) 765-4309