ksh history editing

Charles Faulhaber ked at garnet.berkeley.edu
Wed May 25 08:38:23 AEST 1988

In article <14120 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> lvc at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Lawrence V. Cipriani) writes:
>In article <10249 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU> ked at garnet.berkeley.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) writes:
>>The MKS Toolkit version of ksh for MSDOS allows you to specify
>>the editor to be used for command editing.
>
>The *command line* editing capabilities are either vi or emacs.
>The *command* editing can be be defined with $FCEDIT.
>Didn't the original question had to do with *command line* editing?

Probably.  I'm new to the korn shell.  After Bourne shell with no
history, I was in hog heaven to find ANY command editing. :)
Now, if someone would provide an inexpensive Japanese language
version....

Earl H. Kinmonth
History Department
University of California, Davis
Davis, California 95616
916-752-1636/0776

Disclaimer:  This is AmeriKa!  Who needs a disclaimer!

Internet:  ehkinmonth at ucdavis.edu
           cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu
BITNET:    ehkinmonth at ucdavis
UUCP:      {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!ehkinmonth
           {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!deneb!cck

Direct:    916-752-1636 (0000-0700 PDT, not guaranteed),
           login with password BAKA.

Kanji:     NEC kanji, shift JIS, JIS80, shin-JIS, kyu-JIS by
           prior arrangement.