Open Software Foundation

Carl Davidson ced at apollo.uucp
Sat May 21 04:04:00 AEST 1988

>From article <3275 at phri.UUCP>, by roy at phri.UUCP (Roy Smith):
> Curious that there is no mention of NeWS, IP/TCP, or NFS.  Did Sun not join
> because they didn't want to or because they weren't asked?
> --

It's my understanding that IBM's AIX (at least the version OSF is going to use as a base) includes
TCP/IP and may include NFS.  As to NeWS, I have no information.  I do know that X Window is on the
Level 0 list.

I also understand that Sun had a chance to sign on and chose not to, as did AT&T.

The opinions expressed above are unsubstantiated rumors.  Surprisingly, they are not those of Apollo
Computer Inc., the Open Software Foundation, or National Public Radio.  8-)

--
--Carl Davidson                                 "Science is what you do
  Apollo Computer Inc.                           after  you  guess well."