TLI Interface for Sys V Rel 3.0 : select (BSD) equivalent ?

It takes a clear mind to make it daveb at llama.rtech.UUCP
Tue May 17 10:58:20 AEST 1988

In article <7872 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <14207 at brl-adm.ARPA> cm36+ at andrew.cmu.edu (CVR. Murthy) writes:
>>I am looking for ideas as to how to implement BSD equivalent select
>>system call on System V environment.  I am trying to translate  a piece
>>of code (written for 4.2 BSD) in TLI ineterface.
>The nearest SVR3 equivalent is poll() and the corresponding SIGPOLL signal.
>Doesn't the documentation explain all this?

Well, yes, it does, but there is a real dearth of code examples from
which to crib. This makes "learning by the book" a lot harder.   It is
also difficult when the various third party things, like, say WIN/3b
tcp/ip don't contain any TLI examples, nor do they document a TLI
interface.

Has anyone got some sample TLI programs they'd like to share with the
rest of us?

-dB
{amdahl, cpsc6a, mtxinu, sun, hoptoad}!rtech!daveb daveb at rtech.uucp