Open Software Foundation

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Mon May 23 17:48:20 AEST 1988

> Certainly rms and crew have demonstrated high levels of competence, quality
> and productivity...

Unfortunately, they have also demonstrated a set of priorities and beliefs
that many people don't go along with, plus a distinct lack of flexibility
when said priorities and beliefs become an issue...

> An investment by the OSF in the FSF could pay off handsomely.

Do remember that RMS and, say, IBM have very different ideas of what "pay
off handsomely" ought to mean.  I seriously doubt that a meeting of the
minds there is very likely.  Pity, it would do both of them good to be a
bit more open-minded...
--
NASA is to spaceflight as            |  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
the Post Office is to mail.          | {ihnp4,decvax,uunet!mnetor}!utzoo!henry