Should ``csh'' be part of the System V distribution?

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sun May 22 02:37:14 AEST 1988

In article <10292 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com>, ekrell at hector.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) writes:
> In vi mode, use ESC_ (that is, escape key followed by an underscore).
>
>     Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

You can get at any command line text of the previous command if you provide
a number between the ESC and _.  For example:

	$ echo a b c d e f g
	a b c d e f g
	$ echo ESC4_		# turns into the command
	$ echo  c

I don't believe this is documented in the 06/03/86a ksh man page.
--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems and Ohio State University
Domain: lvc at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu