struct timeval for Sys V Rel 3.0 ?

C. V. R. Murthy cm36+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 11 19:35:09 AEST 1988

Hello,
I am trying to translate a piece of code written under 4.2 BSD to System V
environment to System Release 3.0 . The first problem I faced is the
gettimeofday () system call. Although Wollongongs WIN Rel 1.0 (that we have)
refers to gettimeofday (2), there is no such call on at least System V Rel 3.0
.

Essentialy , this requires a microsecond accurate time (namely BSD's struct
timeval). I want to know how one could get time accurate to microseconds .
Any suggestions will be apprecicated,
Thanks,
Murthy.