grep replacement

Dave Burton daveb at laidbak.UUCP
Fri May 27 14:08:03 AEST 1988

In article <2978 at ihlpe.ATT.COM> dcon at ihlpe.UUCP (David Connet) writes:
|Also, what line number it was found on.

Already there: grep -n.

In article <6866 at elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> alan at cogswell.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Alan S. Mazer) writes:
|One thing I would _love_ is to be able to find the context of what I've
|found, for example, to find the two (n?) surrounding lines.  I have wanted
|to do this many times and there is no good way.

Please. Maybe "grep -k" where k is any integer giving the number of lines
of context on each side of grep, default is 0. Oh, but hey, _you're_ designing
it! :-)
--
--------------------"Well, it looked good when I wrote it"---------------------
 Verbal: Dave Burton                        Net: ...!ihnp4!laidbak!daveb