ksh history editing

Charles Faulhaber ked at garnet.berkeley.edu
Tue May 24 14:12:57 AEST 1988

>Not strictly true; my favorite editor is neither vi nor emacs, so to
>learn the ksh history would require me to "learn another set of editing
>commands just for the shell."  I haven't vigorously pursued switching
>to ksh, in part for this reason.

The MKS Toolkit version of ksh for MSDOS allows you to specify
the editor to be used for command editing.

Earl H. Kinmonth
History Department
University of California, Davis
Davis, California 95616
916-752-1636/0776

Disclaimer:  This is AmeriKa!  Who needs a disclaimer!

Internet:  ehkinmonth at ucdavis.edu
           cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu
BITNET:    ehkinmonth at ucdavis
UUCP:      {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!ehkinmonth
           {ucbvax, lll-crg}!ucdavis!deneb!cck

Direct:    916-752-1636 (0000-0700 PDT, not guaranteed),
           login with password BAKA.

Kanji:     NEC kanji, shift JIS, JIS80, shin-JIS, kyu-JIS by
           prior arrangement.