O'pain Software Foundation: (1) problems with AT&T

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at mips.COM
Tue May 24 03:13:00 AEST 1988

In article <4628 at hoptoad.uucp> gnu at hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) writes:
>This seems to be a bogeyman.  Motorola has already announced that the
>Unix for its 88000 will be SVR4 and that they will get early versions
>of it so that they can make a release 'in the same timeframe' as AT&T
>and Sun.

Everybody who's negotiated an ABI agreement has been told this.  We still
harbor doubts that those early releases will be sufficiently frozen that
we CAN release something in the same timeframe as AT&T and Sun and have it
be a genuine SVR4.
--
Roger B.A. Klorese                           MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.
{ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!rogerk  25 Burlington Mall Rd, Suite 300