signal 10 in malloc call???

Tom Armistead toma at killer.UUCP
Sun May 8 15:40:25 AEST 1988

I want to thank all of you for the responses...

Summary of my Quest...

I went through that stuff with a FINE tooth comb and didn't find
didley - (excuse the Texas accent...)

After much time on the phone with an AT&T techie, I was told that they
had experienced problems in malloc (core dumps and such) when it had
been used excessively with small blocks, as I was doing, and that this
was something to do with the free memory stuff getting garbled up...

He told me to use the special malloc(3X) library with
'-lmalloc' on the cc command line. I did this and the problem has gone
away!!!  "Thank you Antie Em, I'm not CRAZY!!!"

Thanks again for all the help...
Tom
---
UUCP: ...!ihnp4!killer!toma