directory copying with cp; broken?

Greyham Stoney greyham at ausonics.OZ
Tue Oct 11 16:17:31 AEST 1988

in article <30506 at bbn.COM>, mesard at bbn.com (Wayne Mesard) says:
] From article <40 at ausonics.OZ>, by greyham at ausonics.OZ (Greyham Stoney):
]> in article <8540 at smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) says:
]>> [stuff about what I (Greyham) said]
]> [pretty silly reply by me (Greyham)]
] [with which Wayne agreed; and I (Greyham) agree too, but then he said....]
]
] * It would be silly to remove functionality from file _processing_
]   programs such as wc.

Sorry.... I must misunderstand you. You aren't suggesting using wc on a
directory are you? It's got inode numbers and stuff in there; you won't get the
right answer. (whatever you percieve the "right" answer to be)

	Grey.
--
# Greyham Stoney:      (disclaimer not necessary: I'm obviously irresponsible)
# greyham at ausonics.oz - Ausonics Pty Ltd, Lane Cove. (* Official Sponsor *)