System V Release 4.0

Jack Kramer - CMBL kramer at bionette.CS.ORST.EDU
Wed Oct 12 23:27:39 AEST 1988

In article <1672 at edison.GE.COM> rja at edison.GE.COM (rja) writes:

>The version of ksh for UNIX System V, release 3.0 for the AT&T 3B2
>I used to use (when working for DoD) had Berkeley-style job control.
>The supplied ksh manual indicated that support for Berkeley-style
>job control was optional.  Since V.3.0 appears to support it,
>I would expect V.4.0 to also support it.  I miss ksh a lot and wish
>we had it on this 4.x BSD system (edison).

I called AT&T's 800 software support number to find out about
getting ksh for our 3B2's.  They said that I couldn't buy it from
AT&T but that their were public domain versions available.  Does
anyone know where to get these?  After using the ksh I really
dislike going back to any of the older shells.