System V Release 4.0 Developer Conferences

John Chambers jc at minya.UUCP
Fri Oct 7 04:32:12 AEST 1988

In article <2494 at pixar.UUCP>, rta at pixar.UUCP (Rick Ace) writes:
> In article <6638 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, kramer at bionette.CS.ORST.EDU (Jack Kramer - CMBL) writes:
> > I would like to continue reading this group but all the clutter takes
> > up too much time.  Is there any way to filter out messages from
> > particular persons such as Henry Spencer.
>
> That fact that Henry Spencer devotes his time to contribute quality
> articles to this newsgroup is one of the principal reasons I still
> devote my time to read it.

Hear, hear!  But more to the point:  The fellow asked a question that
has a simple answer; rather than posting yet another ad hominem insult,
why not just answer him?  I mean, some of us find Henry's postings of
a much higher quality (read: informative) than most others.  But perhaps
some readers already know everything Henry does; perhaps others aren't
as interested in being informed.  De gustibus....

Oh, yes, the answer.  The 'rn' news interface has exactly the capability
he wants.  Many people think it's better than vnews.  Now how about some
nearby archive sending him a copy?

--
John Chambers <{adelie,ima,maynard,mit-eddie}!minya!{jc,root}> (617/484-6393)

[Any errors in the above are due to failures in the logic of the keyboard,
not in the fingers that did the typing.]