Bourne shell programming questions

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM
Tue Oct 18 06:52:05 AEST 1988

In article <120 at tree.UUCP> stever at tree.UUCP (Steve Rudek) writes:
>Although I've got access to a number of books on shell programming, I've
>yet to find any rigorous, comprehensive text on shell programming;  that
>would be okay if I could even find an excellent *combination* of texts.

Get "The Kornshell Command and Programming Language" by Morris I. Bolsky
and David G. Korn.  The book is published by Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-516972-0.
It is very rigorous, and comprehensive.  I don't know how much it costs, I
got mine free.  I like it a lot, but take that with a grain of salt, since I
read the thing many times as one of the draft reviewers.  I did gave away all
my other shell books when I got it.

--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems, Columbus OH, cbnews!lvc lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM