System V Release 4.0 Developer Conferences

Ron Widell ron at motmpl.UUCP
Thu Oct 6 01:06:32 AEST 1988

In article <433 at gonzo.UUCP> daveb at gonzo.UUCP (Dave Brower) writes:
-In <6638 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> kramer at bionette.UUCP (Jack Kramer - CMBL) writes:
->>I would like to continue reading this group but all the clutter takes
->>up too much time.  Is there any way to filter out messages from
->>particular persons such as Henry Spencer.
-
-Though the pounding has started already, consider the possiblity he
-means a "positive" filter as opposed to a kill-file style negative
-filter.  That is, he *only* wants to read articles from Henry or Chris
-or Doug or dmr.  At least, that's what I thought he meant.  I've wanted
-one too...
-
--dB

I was of the same opinion as Dave (it's my charitable nature :-)).
And, like him I would like to limit the bulk of my news reading time
to those messages authored by people who, IMHO, are knowledgeable,
thoughtful and helpful (I won't bother to name you, you know who you
are). Ideally this should be a two part feature:
1) Something similar to the "=" which displays the Subject: and the
	Author:
2) The ability to select those articles in a given Subject: which I
	want to read.
--
Ron Widell				|UUCP: motmpl!ron
Motorola Semiconductor Products, Inc.,	|Voice:(612)941-6800