query: new disk drive for VAX

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Fri Oct 7 04:10:50 AEST 1988

In article <10199 at eddie.MIT.EDU> nessus at athena.MIT.EDU (Doug Alan) writes:
>Why spend big bux on SuperEagles when you can get 800 Meg, high speed
>5.25-inch Winchesters these days for $3,300 each?

Reliability.

Actually, I would probably prefer to buy one of Fujitsu's newer (physically
smaller) disks, like the Swallow, rather than a Super Eagle.  But buying
disk drives on capacity and price alone is a serious mistake.
--
The meek can have the Earth;    |    Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
the rest of us have other plans.|uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu