ksh availability (was Re: System V Release 4.0)

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM
Thu Oct 13 07:19:03 AEST 1988

In article <6861 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> kramer at bionette.UUCP (Jack Kramer - CMBL) writes:
>I called AT&T's 800 software support number to find out about
>getting ksh for our 3B2's.  They said that I couldn't buy it from
>AT&T but that their were public domain versions available.

I find it hard to believe that a ksh based on AT&T code would be public
domain - is that what they meant?  Anyway, there are companies that
advertise, say in Eunuchs World magazine, $99.00 ksh or even less.
Maybe that is what they meant?

>Does anyone know where to get these?
Some pd ksh's are being worked on but not complete yet.  Tell you the
truth, I'd like to work on one myself, but my employer would not be
pleased.

--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems, Columbus OH, cbnews!lvc lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM