Need memory at 0 on SUN

Lennart Augustsson augustss at cs.chalmers.se
Fri Oct 21 06:06:52 AEST 1988

I need to run a program on a SUN3 (running SunOS 3.4) with virtual
read/write memory starting at virtual address 0.  Sun (in their infinite
wisdom) has decided that memory starts at 0x2000.  Accessing 0-0x1fff causes
a segmentation violation (normally I think this is a good idea, but not
this time).  Does anyone know how to get this?  I have already tried obvious
things like other magic numbers, telling the linker to put code at 0...  I've
also tried less obvious things like mapping a part of the screen to address
0 with mmap.  So far all attempts have failed and I would be grateful for any
hints.  (No, we don't have the source code for SunOS 3.4, so modifying
the kernel would be difficult.)

--

	Lennart Augustsson
Email:	augustss at cs.chalmers.se or augustss at chalmers.csnet