Mach

Barry Shein bzs at xenna
Fri Oct 21 08:57:35 AEST 1988

>Now that Steve Jobs has come up with NeXT, I thought
>I should look up Mach. Can someone mail me some
>info about papers , books detailing mach.
>         Thanks -
>                  Rajeev

Some I have here are (or from biblios of the same):

Mike Accetta, Robert Baron et al, "Mach: A New Kernel Foundation for
Unix Development", Proceedings of Summer Usenix, July 1986

Young, M.W., et al, "The Duality of Memory and Communications
in Mach", ACM, November 1987.

Rashid, Richard F., "Threads of a New System", Unix Review, Volume 4
Number 8, August 1986.

Tevanian, Avadis, Jr., Rashid, Richard F, et al, "Mach Threads and the
Unix Kernel: The Battle for Control", Proceedings of Summer Usenix,
1987.

	-Barry Shein, ||Encore||