Giving away ksh

Jim Shankland jas at ernie.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Oct 14 05:55:23 AEST 1988

In article <6861 at orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> kramer at bionette.UUCP (Jack Kramer - CMBL)
writes:
>I called AT&T's 800 software support number to find out about
>getting ksh for our 3B2's.  They said that I couldn't buy it from
>AT&T but that their were public domain versions available.

Did anyone else find it pretty amusing that Mr. Kramer called AT&T's
800 number to ask about purchasing a piece of proprietary software
that AT&T sells for ca. $1-2K (source, site license), only to be
told, "Don't buy it from us, get a bootleg copy"?  Can I get SVR3
source the same way :-)?

-----
Jim Shankland
jas at ernie.berkeley.edu

"I've been walking in a river all my life, and now my feet are wet"