System V Release 4.0 Developer Conferences

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Tue Oct 4 00:01:16 AEST 1988

In article <4194 at polya.Stanford.EDU>, shap at polya.Stanford.EDU (Jonathan S. Shapiro) writes:
> No way SVR4 will require 16M.  I have seen it running on reasonably
> configured machines.

Define "Reasonably Configured". To me, SVR3 is already too big for "Reasonably
Configured" machines. I have seen System III running on "Reasonably Configured"
machines, but not with an 8086-family CPU.

Reasonably Configured == entire system cost significantly less than a small
car. Significantly less == no more than the down-payment. Small car ==
Hyundai Excel or Ford Festiva with cloth seats and air conditioning.
--
Peter da Silva  `-_-'  Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
"Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?"            peter at ficc.uu.net