generating code to run multiple targets/configurations from single

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.ORG
Sun Apr 16 02:06:06 AEST 1989

As quoted from <13157 at watdragon.waterloo.edu> by tbray at watsol.waterloo.edu (Tim Bray):
+---------------
| In article <10445 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> scs at adam.pika.mit.edu (Steve Summit) writes:
| >One thing I've found which helps is if your C compiler(s) pay
| >attention to the -o flag even in the presence of -c.
|
| An excellent idea, but you happen to be in the Sun world, and you're running
| Sunos 4.x, and you do this, you get hundreds of brain-dead idiotic warnings
| from cc about 'file with unknown suffix .po passed to ld'; not that it doesn't

Sounds familiar... ncoast does this.  Since when is Sun importing System *III*
misfeatures?!  (I haven't seen System V pull this stunt.)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc	     allbery at ncoast.org
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery		    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
      Send comp.sources.misc submissions to comp-sources-misc@<backbone>
NCoast Public Access UN*X - (216) 781-6201, 300/1200/2400 baud, login: makeuser