Help with porting X11.3 to SYSVR3.1 please.

Robin Alston robin at ssgp32.UU.NET
Wed Apr 26 03:53:01 AEST 1989

This may be a trivial or noddy question but here goes.

We are attempting to port X11r3 clients to our unix box which
runs vanilla AT&T SYSVr3.1.

The macro BytesReadable is defined in lib/X/Xlibos.h as:
#define BytesReadable(fd, ptr) ioctl ((fd), FIONREAD, (ptr))
This ioctl function appears unavailable in System V.  Its purpose is to return
(in the case of its usage in the X library) the number of bytes readable
on a socket.  It is used in lib/X/XConnDis.c and lib/X/XlibInt.c.

Any ideas on how we might solve this? Am I missing something obvious in the
VR3 libraries/sys calls? Am I going to need to assume something is provided
by our TCP/IP vendor code that I have assumed should be provided by raw
unix.

--
Dr Robin P. Alston				PRIME Computer Inc.,
Principle Software Engineer			Commercial Systems Group,