KSH FCEDIT query

Larry W. Virden lwv at n8emr.UUCP
Tue Apr 11 08:47:33 AEST 1989

I am wondering if the wizards in the realm have any neat magic spells to
invoke within the ksh FCEDIT construct?  I mean, I have seen FCEDIT set to
":" to always be true, resulting in no editing being done.  Of course,
setting it to ed, vi, etc. is simple minded enough.  But what about other
things?  For instance, a friend of mine write his own little editor that
worked conceptually like vi or emacs mode, only used termcaps to allow
arrow keys, function keys, etc. which were familar at his place of
employment.  Has anyone figured out a way to write a sed or perl type
script to permit global variable replacement with a simple command line
arguments, etc.?

Just looking for new ideas.

--
Larry W. Virden	 674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817
75046,606 (CIS) ; LVirden (ALPE) ; osu-cis!n8emr!lwv (UUCP)