sockets and ports

Freedman jfjr at mbunix.mitre.org
Wed Apr 19 00:04:41 AEST 1989

  We are running Sun 3.2 on a Sun 4. We have a server/client
application using sockets (internet domain - tcp). The client
and server do sends and receives to each other successfully
for a while(client uses blocking reads). All of a sudden,
lo and behold, the clients read returns nothing. When this
happens the client and server are killed then restarted
and the first send/read fails. Logging out and in again
changes nothing. Rerunning the client/server pair using
a different port is successful. Help!!

Jerry Freedman, Jr       "Why did
jfjr at mbunix.mitre.org      Unix come from the east?"
(617)271-8398