modifying parent's environment, etc.

John E Van Deusen III jiii at visdc.UUCP
Fri Apr 28 03:30:22 AEST 1989

In article <1495 at vsedev.VSE.COM> (James Logan III) writes:

> Under System V the arguments are stored in the character array
> u_psargs[PSARGSZ] in the u structure.  The u structure is usually
> read directly from the swap device based on addresses found in
> the process table.

The "old" documentation for crypt(1) stated that since the arguments
are potentially visible to users executing ps(1), "crypt takes care
to destroy any record of the key immediately upon entry".  I see that
that line has now been deleted from from the manual entry for UNIX V.
--
John E Van Deusen III, PO Box 9283, Boise, ID  83707, (208) 343-1865

uunet!visdc!jiii