lpr output filters

shirono at hcx3.SSD.HARRIS.COM shirono at hcx3.SSD.HARRIS.COM
Sat Apr 8 00:04:00 AEST 1989

**> comp.unix.wizards  gls at novavax.UUCP  Apr  6, 1989 <**
> Doe it seem reasonable to try to create an lpr output filter which
> selectively prevents certain files from being printed?

What's the point?  You could simply do "cat <file> | lpr".  The output
filter would then know only that the input comes from stdin.  Would you
then compare the input to the file(s) you don't want printed?  Why is it
that you feel the need to prevent these files from being printed?

--Roberto
                               ||   Internet: shirono at ssd.harris.com
     Roberto Shironoshita      ||
      Harris Corporation       ||             ...!novavax---\
   Computer Systems Division   ||   UUCP:     ...!uunet-------!hcx1!shirono