uucp killing

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Sun Apr 2 13:16:00 AEST 1989

In article <17183 at cisunx.UUCP> jcbst3 at unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (James C. Benz) writes:
: For my peace of mind, is there some way to kill all spooled jobs for a given
: machine queued for uucp?  Let me put that a little more clearly.  Suppose
: I have a machine foobar, and I have ten jobs queued for uucp to foobar.
: Foobar has just been relegated to the scrap heap, so these jobs will never
: get sent, or maybe I just discovered an error in the list of files that I
: sent to foobar.

There's nothing wrong with going into the spool directory and
deleting the files contained there. For HDB this is easy, just do rm
-fr /usr/spool/uucp/foobar, if you are feeling confident.  For the
old UUCP, I'm not sure exactly how the files are named, but the
principle is the same: just remove the appropriate files.

---
Bill                            { uunet | novavax } !twwells!bill
(BTW, I'm may be looking for a new job sometime in the next few
months.  If you know of a good one where I can be based in South
Florida do send me e-mail.)