Dynamic Inode lists

Karl Auerbach karl at asylum.SF.CA.US
Tue Apr 11 10:49:33 AEST 1989

A couple of years ago we did a Unix for the Crays out at the Livermore
labs.  As part of this system we allowed the Unix file systems to grow
(and contract) dynamically to change the number of available inodes
and disk blocks.  (The reason for this was because we were competing
for disk space with a competing OS on the same machine.)

In any case, I have forgotten the details myself, but I'm sure you can
follow up, if you are interested, with the author, Karen Schaeffer, at
Sandia Labs, Livermore (no, I don't know her net address.)

				--karl--