Wanted: Machine language trace

David Goodenough dg at lakart.UUCP
Sat Apr 15 01:50:44 AEST 1989

>From article <16785 at mimsy.UUCP>, by chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek):
> To make it stop
> after some number of iterations (the line numbers in parentheses are
> for the next paragraph):
>
> (1)	:s
> (2)	$r
> (3)	,#(<9-1)$<
> (4)	,<9-1$<foo

Ye gads. I think we (CP/M and MS-DOS users) should send copies of the
DEBUG / SID / Z8E / DDT / ZDT / ZSID manuals at the rate to 5 a day (each)
to the writers of adb, in the forlorn hope that they will learn how to write
a useful debug tool. That it takes so much work to do the equivalent of:

t9

is beyond my belief. Yes, adb may be able to do anything, BUT IF IT CAN'T DO
IT EASILY IT'S USELESS.
--
	dg at lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+