CSH problem

David Riches dsr at stl.stc.co.uk
Mon Apr 17 22:22:58 AEST 1989

I have a file for which I have written some csh scripts to do
searching using grep and awk.  I also have the following problem:-

The user types in the following, for e.g.: 'show ARN COST R-1'
which vaguely means show all the requirement numbers which are
related to COST R-1.

>From this I get back a list saying;
MUX R-10
COST R-3
REL R-32
.
.

What I then want to say is; show me the text associated with each of
the requirement numbers in the list.

So what I did first of all was to pipe this output to a script so that
it would read each requirment in turn and produce what I wanted.  Now
I've got a script which will return what I need if I give it each item
in the list singly BUT I can't make it loop and read all the things in the
list and this is what I want to know.  HOW do I do this?
from,

   Dave Riches
   PSS:    dsr at stl.stc.co.uk
   ARPA:   dsr%stl.stc.co.uk at earn-relay.ac.uk
   Smail:  Software Design Centre, STC Technology Ltd., London Road,
	   Harlow, Essex. CM17 9NA.  England
   Phone:  +44 (0)279-29531 x2496