getcwd() and friends.

Eduardo Krell ekrell at hector.UUCP
Fri Apr 7 10:25:33 AEST 1989

In article <687 at uva.UUCP> hm at uva.UUCP (Hans Mulder) writes:

>I am afraid that a symlink pointing to "../foo" would do very surprising
>things if the meaning of ".." were decided on a per-process basis....

And how do you feel when you're in /usr/include/sys and then "cd .."
to find yourself in /sys ? (I'm assuming the standard BSD configuration
where /usr/include/sys is a symbolic link to /sys/h).

We had a symbolic link war some time ago. Let's not restart the whole
thing again.

Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

UUCP: {att,decvax,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell  Internet: ekrell at ulysses.att.com