libpw.a

Root Of All Evil root at yale.UUCP
Sat Apr 22 00:47:06 AEST 1989

In article <15945 at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US> jfh at rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (John F. Haugh II) writes:
<stuff deleted>
>.....  I always enjoyed SNOBOL and LISP programming
>because you use the stuff, then toss it, then use it again.  In C
>and others, memory management is a CHORE.

C is not a language to do string processing in. C is designed to
be efficient for SYSTEMS programming. Do we really want
garbage collection in the language used for the kernal of the operating
system? Sounds pretty silly to me. If you want to program in Lisp, program
in Lisp. Don't expect C to provide you with a Lisp environment.

                  -Scott Berryman
                   berryman at CS.YALE.EDU