uucp killing

Wm. Brian McCane news at brian386.UUCP
Fri Apr 7 04:41:46 AEST 1989

In article <809 at twwells.uucp> bill at twwells.UUCP (T. William Wells) writes:
=In article <17183 at cisunx.UUCP> jcbst3 at unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (James C. Benz) writes:
=> For my peace of mind, is there some way to kill all spooled jobs for a given
=> machine queued for uucp?  Let me put that a little more clearly.  Suppose
=> I have a machine foobar, and I have ten jobs queued for uucp to foobar.
=> Foobar has just been relegated to the scrap heap, so these jobs will never
=> get sent, or maybe I just discovered an error in the list of files that I
=> sent to foobar.
=
=There's nothing wrong with going into the spool directory and
=deleting the files contained there. For HDB this is easy, just do rm
=-fr /usr/spool/uucp/foobar, if you are feeling confident.  For the
=old UUCP, I'm not sure exactly how the files are named, but the
=principle is the same: just remove the appropriate files.
=

Why not use a script like :

for i in `uustat -a | awk ' $4 == "foobar" { print $1 } '`
do
	uustat -k $i
done

	brian

(Yeah, I use Bourne Shell, what of it! ;-)

--
Wm. Brian McCane                    | Life is full of doors that won't open
                                    | when you knock, equally spaced amid
Disclaimer: I don't think they even | those that open when you don't want
            admit I work here.      | them to. - Roger Zelazny "Blood of Amber"