mop_mon cannot open sokect to AF_DLI

Yedidya Israel yedidya at bimacs.BITNET
Mon Apr 10 00:52:46 AEST 1989

Hello wizards, I am sure netland will proove again its helpfulness.

We have a new vaxstation2000 with an RD53 disk but in order to install
software we need to boot it as a diskless since we do not have a
distribution media. I configured our Microvax-3 to be a server for
that diskless creature. When I finished the installation successfully
(I hope) I ran the /etc/mop_mon program and got the following messages:

/etc/mop_mon: can't open socket to AF_DLI using qe0
/etc/mop_mon: can't open any DLI sockets.

Does any netland citizen know what that means and how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance
| Israel Yedidya, Math & CS Department, Bar-Ilan U, Ramat-Gan, ISRAEL |
| BITNET:   yedidya at bimacs                        +----------------+  |
| INTERNET: yedidya at bimacs.biu.ac.il               \               |  |
| ARPA:     yedidya%bimacs.bitnet at cunyvm.cuny.edu  /               |  |
| UUCP:     ...!uunet!mcvax!humus!bimacs!yedidya  +----------------+  |
| CSNET:    yedidya%bimacs.bitnet%cunyvm.cuny.edu at csnet-relay      |  |
----- Reality is still a reality even if we do not understand it. -----