getcwd() and friends.

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Thu Apr 6 04:04:56 AEST 1989

In article <FLEE.89Apr4223010 at shire.cs.psu.edu>, flee at shire.cs.psu.edu (Felix Lee) writes:
> flink(), funlink(), and frename() are problematical because you also
> need descriptors to the directories involved, unless you attach
> knowledge of name and location to file descriptors.

Maybe funlink() and frename(), but flink() would just need the device an
inode number.

Hey, you're right. UNIX++ is gonna be pretty cool :->. It's looking more and
more like AmigaDOS. Now how about adding asynchronous I/O and using mapped
files to move SYSV's streams/queues into the file system...?

Business: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.
Personal: ...!texbell!sugar!peter, peter at sugar.hackercorp.com.