Frequently Asked Questions about Unix - with Answers [Monthly posting]

David J. Harr hammersslammers1 at oxy.edu
Wed Aug 2 15:24:35 AEST 1989

OK, I have RTFM (such as it is), I have asked the local UNIX gurus
(population = 0), and I have exhausted the resources of my PRIMIX system in
getting information. Therefore, I am relying on the net. My question is:
What is a good introductory text on EMACS (or more specifically, JOVE),
where can I get it, and is there a place where I can get it by remote mailer
because I do not have FTP access. While we're on the subject of remote
mailers, does anyone have a list of addresses that can be reached for all
the typical nifty stuff that can be compiled under UNIX? Since I am POSITIVE
that this particular subject has been hashed out at least 1000 times on this
newsgroup and I have not seen it because I only subscribed to it about 1
week ago, PLEASE PLEASE send me e-mail and I will edit and post if there is
any interest. If there is not any interest, then I won't (so THERE!).

David Harr -- no fancy .sig, I used all my really braindead ideas above --