Question for file decompression experts

Jeffrey W Percival jwp at larry.UUCP
Tue Feb 21 13:17:22 AEST 1989

I am using the VMS/Unix compress software available on several archive
sites, and am unable to decompress on UNix a file compressed on VMS.
I am getting a "Stack Overflow" in the decompress routine.  The
file I am decompressing is only a few hundred bytes long, so obviously
the code scanner is getting hosed up somewhere, I guess in a long
loop caused by sign extension or something.

Is that a very good guess?  I've been twiddling various compiler flags,
without success.  Any thoughts?
--
Jeff Percival (jwp at larry.sal.wisc.edu)