NFS mounted filesystems

Abdi Oday ugoday at sunybcs.uucp
Sun Feb 19 06:37:11 AEST 1989

In article <164 at gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM> (Kes Masalaitis) writes:
   >How can I tell who has my filesystems mounted on their
   >machines.  I'm not sure I'm posting to the correct
   >newsgroup since this is my first posting outside my
   >organization.  Please e-mail replies.

the file /etc/rmtab contains a list of every partition that is mounted
by a foreign host and that host. But beware, this file is not always
accurate though.  If a machine goes down, /etc/rmtab might not get
updated properly.

You should just look at /etc/exports to see which partitions your hosts
allows foreign hosts to mount, and assume that they are already mounted
by those foreign hosts (or just go to the foreign host and check what
is mounted there).

  -Abdi

Abdi Oday                       Phone:     (716) 636-3004
University at Buffalo           BITNET:    ugoday at sunybcs.BITNET
				Internet:  ugoday at cs.Buffalo.EDU
UUCP: ...!{ames,boulder,decvax,rutgers}!sunybcs!ugoday