perl scripts (was Re: simple question about mv)

Randal L. Schwartz @ Stonehenge merlyn at intelob.intel.com
Sat Feb 18 07:07:07 AEST 1989

In article <4435 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>, lwall at jpl-devvax (Larry Wall) writes:
[nifty perl script deleted]
| The script could of course be modified to be verbose, or to confirm, or
| to get filenames from find, or to not wipe out existing files.  For that
| matter, you could probably modify it into a C compiler if you tried hard
| enough.  :-)

<grin>

how about...

	#!/usr/bin/perl
	exec 'cc', at ARGV;

I didn't have to try very hard.  Accepts all the arguments of /bin/cc, too!

Feeling weird enough to post this...
--
Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095
on contract to BiiN (for now :-), Hillsboro, Oregon, USA.